Thursday, June 11, 2009

What I'm doing here? I'm looking for people who share the same interests I do and to get my name out there for my future. I hope to meet people here, my age and older. Most of my posts will just be me writing about anything and everything. I'm big with photography and there will probably be a lot of posts with pictures. I'll probably talk about the current book I'm reading a lot of the time and possibly give my views. I hate politics but sometimes there are appropriate discussions. It's summer and I'm looking forward to meeting new people and conversing about on going topics. I hope people will give me suggestions on books, or anything really.

Current Book: Tess of the D'Urbervilles, one of my AP Literature Summer Reading books.

Topic: Job Searching.
Lately I've been trying to acquire a professional, legitimate job. My reasoning is because I simply haven't had the experience and I need to get out there and get the references. BUT with the downfall in economic relations in the past years this is almost impossible. I'm pretty much stuck with babysitting, which don't get me wrong, is really a great way to make money (if you can handle the hand full of kids running around and hours not ever being certain). The experience, like I said before, is really what I'm looking for. And I've applied to about 4 companies in which none have contacted me back. The most frustrating of all is Old Navy because I've called twice and they have repeatedly told me to call back and of course I do but each time I call I get the, "we will contact you today or tomorrow, if not call back by Monday." This is where I finally gave up. I feel a little cheated because I'm a pretty good student, I can carry a solid 3.8-4.0 and I work my ass off to achieve success at my age. I'm not cocky or overly confident, I do believe in myself enough to know that I would do someones business justice though. I will update on whether or not the status of my employment has changed soon hopefully.

For now, a movie and some popcorn sounds really great.
girlonfire.

4 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I'm very much like you actually.. i love photography.. books.. movies..

    I just watched the movie version of Tess of the D'Urbervilles.. oh my goshh its so intense!

    Have you read the other boleyne girl? I've reread it so many times..

    Anyways I like your blog so far!
    Check out mine:
    http://lustheptagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there.. your blog caught my eye.. one of the most normal kind of everyday ones i've come across so I thought it would be cool to follow :) hope you dont mind.

    Try not to get too disheartened with your job hunting. I had the same thing recently.. trying to find a summer job for experience and money but with the whole credit crunch thing people just had enough staff already working for them and didn't even have the decency to call back to say sorry but they couldnt offer me the job. God i hate that. But anyways I just got one couple of days ago just when I was about to give up after a month of looking! Waitressing.. but still its something! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Nice blog you got here. Keep it up. The key to blogging is to blog as often as possible. Please visit my sites, and hope you like them enough to follow:

    Creative Views
    Online Tourist
    Funny Hollywood
    Great Things to Buy

    ReplyDelete